AT KOLKATA AIRPORT
Arrived safely at the NSCBI Airport. Ten minutes late is nothing comparing to Biman's reputation of long delays. The F-28 flight (40 minutes FH) was OK because it was handeled well by the crews. It did not occur to me that it was the smallest plane I have ever flown with. I had some sandwitches and a drink at the plane.
A little incident happened here. I had to check in at Kolkata airport because the transit flight is a domestic one. I did not have in mind that my VISA category was tourist, which was done by the travel agent. In the immigration paper I stated my purpose of visit as official. So these people was questioning me where I am going & harrasing me stating that I have obtained the wrong visa. They have threatened me to pushback and obviously they were asking for some bribe. I chose not to waste more time and I had to settle that matter with $20 dollar underhand. Way to start a journey!
Internet! Kolkata Airport has a cybercafe. 1 hour usage costs 30 rupees (roughly 80 cents); its cheap. I knew at once that my transit time would not be wasted. This is one necessity not available in ZIA at Dhaka. Now I have to head towards the domestic terminal.
AT KOLKATA AIRPORT
- Awami League
- Breaking News
- citizen journalism
- Global Voices
- Global Warming
- Guest Post
- Human Rights
- international relations
- Khaleda Zia
- Liberation war
- Natural Disaster
- New Media
- Press freedom
- Sheikh Hasina
- Social media
- web 2.0
- world cup
My other selves:
From My Flickr
- ► 2013 (32)
- ► 2012 (61)
- ► 2011 (105)
- ► 2010 (168)
- ► 2009 (212)
- ► 2008 (379)
- ► 2007 (470)
- ► 2006 (401)
- INDONESIA QUAKE TRIGGERS TSUNAMI SCARE An 8.7 ear...
- IN PURSUIT OF GROSS NATIONAL HAPPINESS Bhutan is ...
- WHY THE BRITISH GAVE THE INDIAN SUBCONTINENT THE W...
- NEWS(?) SNIPPETS * Hakkani Ulema first proclaimer...
- GOVT. PROPAGANDA SPARKS CONTROVERSY The anti-Awam...
- LINK-O-MATIC * No American visa if you blog - via...
- NUCLEAR PROLIFERATION BLUES America may have misl...
- GENDER INEQUALITY ACROSS THE GLOBE In the mostly ...
- BLOG NEWS UPDATE Elise Bauer gives an insight int...
- NEW BANGLADESHI BLOG SHOWCASE If you are a fan of...
- THE FEAR FACTOR There have been much controversy ...
- THE PRINCE AND THE PAUPER Saudi Prince Waleed Bin...
- QUOTES AROUND THE BLOGOSPHERE * "To be a wonderf...
- CROSSFIRE FEATURED IN RANTBURG Rantburg has a ...
- PASSIONS OF INDIA > Cricket and Cinema < You hav...
- BANGLADESH DESTROYS LANDMINE Bangladesh Army says...
- MORE BLOGGING AT THE AIRPORT Sometimes you can fe...
- MUMBAI: A CITY OF ADVERSITIES I think when the in...
- NETCARDS FROM MUMBAI Mumbai City from the apart...
- MUMBAI: DAY TWO The previous night went well. Whe...
- NEAR A BEACH IN MUMBAI Yes, I have safely arrived...
- AT KOLKATA AIRPORT Arrived safely at the NSCBI Ai...
- OFF TO MUMBAI March 8, 2005 9: 00 AM Here I am s...
- RIANNA'S DAYS Aaaa..vruuu..Oow..Aaa...(Hello ev...
- ▼ March (24)
- ► 2004 (329)